Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Did It! Really!

I finally started the grass seed, this past weekend! Had to rake first - got the blisters to prove it! I tried to take a picture of my hand showing the blister between my thumb & index finger, but it didn't work. LOL That morning, after I raked, I used a hand-held crank spreader to spread the fertilizer, then watered that in, and then in the afternoon I spread the grass seed, and watered that down really well. I'll water every day this week, I think, and then a little less often. I only did half of the big side of the lawn, to see how it goes, then I'll do the rest, also in patches. Easier to water it that way - I don't think I could water the whole lawn enough all at one time.
I also cleared out that huge palm thing by my porch - I think I finally killed it. Now I can see the little plant that I like, that was under it. And my amaryllis is growing, and so is the bouganvillea along the other part of the porch skirting. I'll post pics of those later - forgot to take any.
I have a couple packets of seeds that I got from somewhere - one of moonflower, and 2 of morning glory, so I may plant those along the skirting as well. We'll see!

Here's a picture of the grass seed getting its first watering:


Cross your fingers! :-D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very nice and raked! Keep watering, I find that's the important thing.

5/29/2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I think it's working!!! I saw a few (very few, but still...)grass sprouts this morning!

5/29/2007 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... good luck.... the grass I planted up here in Tennessee is struggling...... Summer just has a way of baking everything into submission...

Eric

5/30/2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Here, too. Last summer I couldn't water, so all of the grass died off. Now at least I can water it, so maybe some of it will hold. We'll see! :-)

5/31/2007 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home