Sunday, May 06, 2007

Still Around

I'm still here! The birthday party went well - the girls had fun, and I enjoyed watching them be crazy. :-) Other than that we've just been busy with regular life, and the end of the school year (and in my job, that and preparing for next year, with scheduling & stuff), and finals and such.
My older daughter has started a garden, which is pretty cool. So far she's got carrots & sweet peppers and beans growing. She couldn't plant anything else until I got more soil - I had no idea we needed that much, so the first batch only covered about 1/3 of the area she had cleared & fenced.
Now we have enough, so she'll be working on her garden, while I mow the lawn (weeds) & make my first attempt at growing some grass in the yard. I'm only doing one area of the lawn at a time, to see if it takes. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the grass! And I wish your daughter the best with her garden-you'll have to post photos as it progresses!

5/06/2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I will!
Wish I had taken a real "before" picture - she did so much work to clear the garden area!

5/06/2007 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does she have tomatoes? They're kind of tricky to grow, but nothing beats home grown tomatoes!

5/09/2007 9:10 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I think so. I know she has carrots, sweet peppers & beans, and she just started lettuce & tomatoes, I think, and maybe one more thing...

5/09/2007 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home