Thursday, April 19, 2007

Network Blues and A Chuckle

Ack! My network has been down for a bit - thought it was the modem, so I replaced that (or rather, swapped it out at the cable office), but had the same problem. Swapped out the cables & the splitter, and took out the "surge protector" that I had on the wall outlet - It's very old, and probably hasn't worked for years. My cable lines were running through that. Everything else is plugged into a normal battery backup/surgepro. Once I was finally connecting, I had to call to find out my account # & install the Comcast software (they're taking over Time Warner Cable, but it's not all switched over yet), to reset the modem. Otherwise, any page I tried to go to just went to the Comcast.net home page. So all of that's done, and I'm back online. Yay!!!
I need to catch up a few things, and then I'll post a couple of cute pictures of the birds. :-)

Here's something that was e-mailed to me, that I found amusing (you have to do this):
1. go to www.google.com
2. click on "maps," above the search bar...
3. click on "get directions"
4. type " New York " in the first box (the "from" box)
5. type " Paris " in the second box (the "to" box)
6. click on "get directions"
7. scroll down to step #23

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guessed what it was gonna say but it's funny to see it! I tried London too and the same thing. It doesn't work for Honolulu, though.

4/24/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

They're afraid we might actually try that one, I guess! ;-p

4/24/2007 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they can't be sarcastic and say "get on a plane and fly" when someone wants directions.

4/27/2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Sure they could! But they like to make the site fun, I think. :0p

4/28/2007 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home