Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Public Service Announcement for Bird Owners

If you have a pet bird, especially a parrot, this tip is for you.

If you ever buy the bird a new cage, and take it home in the box, 'cause it won't fit in your car assembled, I advise you to take a really good look at the one like it in the store. Because when you open the box up, take the pieces and the 3 or 4 different kinds of bolts out, and find the directions, here's what you'll be looking at:


That is the full extent of the instructions.

But don't worry - if you swear at it enough, the cage will come together. Eventually.

(Now that it's together, I need to put in the dish holders & door latch, then the dishes & toys, and then of course, the bird. It may take him a while to make the switch, but once he's in his new "house", I'll post a picture).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Checking to see if you're OK.

No instructions beyond that picture? How long did it take to put together?

2/02/2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

Wow, that is impressive!

We once got a balsa wood horse model given to my 6 year old. I was at a meeting a few weeks later, and the babysitter and said daughter found where I had hidden it and decided they wanted it made. They popped the 179 pieces from the sheets of balsa wood - then turned to the instructions.

The instructions was a diagram of the sheets of balsa wood denoting which number each piece was - and a number-number connection list...

Did you solve it?

2/03/2007 12:43 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Hi Girls - Yes, that picture was all the instruction there was. I'm not sure how long it took me, but there was a lot of bad language involved!
But it's set up. Now, I just have to get the bird to go into it! ;-p

2/03/2007 4:37 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

PS, Jeanie - it had to have been easier than that balsa horse must have been!!!

2/03/2007 4:38 PM  
Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Hilarious! It's a shame Ikea doesn't do parrot cages ;-)

2/04/2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Oooh. I like birdies. Piccies please!

CP.

2/05/2007 12:17 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

NML - I looked online before I went to the store - didn't check Ikea, though! LOL Wonder what their directions look like!

CP - pictures coming - next post. :-)

2/05/2007 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home