Sunday, February 11, 2007

Drive Me Crazy

No, this post isn't about anything fun that the title might be suggesting to you. ;-p

This is a complaint post, so if you don't want to read my rant of the day, stop here.

I would like to know what possesses people to drive in the center of the freaking road! There are two lanes on a residential street for a reason, people! The fact that someone drives a big honkin' Armored Personnel Carrier or whatnot that should have stayed with the military, does not give them ownership of the entire damned road. If I'm turning onto the road that you're about to turn off of, I of course have to wait for the oncoming traffic to clear, but why should I then also have to wait for your selfish ass to leave the road before I can get onto it (the road that is, not the ass!)?
Or my other option is to turn anyway, squeezing my car onto the road & hoping your mirror doesn't take out my roof... WTF? Drive on your own side of the road!

The second half of my complaint, and it's probably mostly the same people doing this, is the ones who drive around a speedbump instead of just slowing down & going over it, like they're supposed to, which is the whole point of the damned speedbump being there in the first place!
We have a 25-mile per hour, local traffic only road near my house, where speedbumps were added after a child was killed by a driver doing 60 on that road. They're pretty mild speedbumps, so even at 25 mph, I think they wouldn't damage a car, but you're supposed to slow down to about 10. Yet apparently that's too much effort for some people, so they drive around it, even with someone on the other side of the road. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

And don't even get me started on people who don't stop at stop signs...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gripe is people who walk in the middle of the street even though there are perfectly good sidewalks. It's maddening, and they more often than not have iPods in their ears so they don't hear cars coming. I've even driven up within inches of them before they look up, startled. I'm tempted to mow some of them down, maybe that'll teach them to use the damn sidewalks!

2/12/2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

iPodding roadwalkers - you have been warned!

(hee hee!)

I haven't seen that one yet, but what a completely stupid thing to do! Hey, maybe the tank-driving roadhogs will drive over some of 'em!

2/14/2007 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about people opposite you at stop lights who turn left in front of you because you didn't stomp on the accelerator the instant the light turned green? even if there was no one behind you? Death, I say.

2/22/2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Yes, driving does seem to bring out the RUDE in an awful lot of people...

2/22/2007 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home