Friday, May 11, 2007

Yard & Garden "Before" Photos

Here are the pictures I promised to show the garden & yard progress. There's no real "before" one for the garden, but it was your standard 2-years neglected, dead garden patch before my daughter dug it all up & set up her new veggie garden.


Not sure if you can see them, but there are plastic forks all over the patch. We "planted them to try to keep our dog out of the garden. It didn't work. But see her little bean plants in the middle? :-)


The front yard. Before grass seed, obviously. And I still haven't done that part yet.



This is the side yard. It gets the most sun, and the most "dog-traffic". I'll be seeding it last...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the dogs have muddy paws! Good luck with the grass seed. I'm looking forward to the progress pics!

5/14/2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Not as much as you might expect. It's hard to tell from the photos, but my lawn has a layer/network of vines or roots or something laying over most of the dirt...dead stuff, but still there. Except in that back corner by the tree - that's just dirt.

5/15/2007 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a section of my back yard next to the house where grass has a hard time growing-I don't know if it's the soil or the fact it's very shady due to trees. Spot likes to lay on it, even when it's wet. I've tried all kinds of grass seed, the stuff I used last month is coming up so I'll try planting it in the whole barren area. Last time, there was lots of new grass that all died off as the summer wore on. I've all but given up on it.

5/15/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I wonder how mine will be. Maybe I'll end up with a gravel patch. ;-p

5/16/2007 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you planted the grass seed yet?

5/18/2007 11:40 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooo...
But I may do it tomorrow. ;-)

5/19/2007 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home