Friday, November 10, 2006

The Six-o-Clock DOG

Okay, remember the six-o-clock bird that lives around my yard?
Well, apparently it has taught my dog, Bear,



that 6am is time to wake up. More specifically, time for ME to wake up. During the week, I'm already up, but on the weekends, I don't set my alarm clock.
So, if I'm not acceptably mobile at that time, Bear will come to the side of my bed, and make this crazy high-pitched squeaky whining sound until I respond.

It's not a normal, dog-needs-something whine, either - it's this urgent, ohmygodhurryhurryhurrybutIhavenoideawhy sorta thing. He's not whining for food, because I feed the dogs at 7am, and they usually have some dry food left from the night before, as well. He's not whining to go out, because we have a dog door, and he can go in and out as he pleases.

He doesn't even require that I get up, just so long as I wake up and respond. Usually I pet his face & tell him to go lie down. I can't get mad at him - he's such a love. A really great dog. Just wish he understood sleeping in. LOL

4 Comments:

Blogger NML/Natalie said...

OK now I know why I don't have a dog!

11/10/2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

LOL - Meh, if it wasn't him, it would be the bird, or the cat, or the kids. Now, are you gonna tell me that your BF never wakes you up early? ;-p

11/11/2006 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate-if Mom gets up before I do, Spot thinks I should get up too. But if I get up before Mom, he leaves her alone. Go figure.

11/13/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Hmm. Guess that's cause you're his person. :-)

11/14/2006 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home