Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Six-O-Clock Bird

There's a bird that lives somewhere in or around my yard, that I've never seen, but I get to hear every morning. How do I know it's the same bird? Because every morning, right around 6am, he has a song to sing. It's sort of like a little feathered alarm clock. Loud little fucker.

No problem at all on the weekdays, since I get up before he does, but does the bird not know that you're supposed to sleep in a little on Sunday? Apparently not. He must be how all the other little birds wake up... I mean, come on - even the roosters that live around here don't crow that early!
(That whole crowing at dawn thing is a myth, by the way - the roosters are smarter than that!)

Now, I'm all for birdsong in the morning - once I'm up, I love to sit on my porch under the big oak tree with my coffee and listen to the sounds, but that's when I'm up, and I have coffee. Very important. When I'm still all snuggled in my nice warm bed, knowing that I don't have to get up early for work, I don't want to hear anything but the quiet of my room...

Yeah. I know. Good luck with that. Meh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sam Vern Hoot 'n' Nanny McFadden said...

Well, this don't seem that big a problem to me Hoot.
Why's that Nanny?
Don't take more than a visit from a cat to get those noisy bird critters to move along.
Nanny, she doesn't want to kill the bird, just teach it to be quiet on the weekends. Jeesh.

10/03/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Sam & Co. - Hoot's right - I just want the bird to sleep a little later on the weekends. :-) Most of the time I like the darned thing!

Fab - that would make it a little TOO quiet! LOL

10/04/2006 6:47 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

A rooster is subject to crow whenever he feels like it and that could be in the middle of the day or at midnight..except around my place he would do any crowing at midnight but once..

10/04/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I'm lucky then, Guy - I've only heard the daytime ones. :-) Had one in my neighbor's yard the other day crowing up a storm, then charging around to the next yard, with his little harem following right behind. It was cute. =)

10/05/2006 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most avid webpages I have get over. Impressive, exactly brilliant. - acne treatment

10/07/2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not typically do people like us come in along stated prior to this site with so very much inside updates that is in postulate. - bad breath

10/07/2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Janet - LOL!

Spammers - Could you at least learn to speak SENSIBLE ENGLISH before you spam me?

10/07/2006 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home