Thursday, September 28, 2006

What's In A Name?

Whenever I'm in a town or outpost in Guild Wars, I take a minute to look at the names people have given to their characters. I love names - I think they're very important, and I love to see how creative people can be. Here are some of the names I've noted (some are misspelled by the creators - usually because their original idea had already been used):

Dolls To The Wallss
Llywelyns Shadow
Boring Yawn Yawn
I Am a Mexy Sezmer (mezmer)
(guild): Smot Pokers
Hey New Person [cute] - the [xx] is a guild tag, like a guild named Face the Fire has a tag [FF]
The Cloaked Guy (a ranger, I think)
Obie Quiet (that's one of my favorites)
Hama Kaze
Mud Stuffin
Celestial Moonwind (I think this was a monk)
Player Vs God
(guild): Grawls Gone Wild
Speared Ur Azz (a Sunspear, either Paragon or Dervish)
Booty Booty Rockin
Nano Chip (another favorite)
I Need A Name Please
Derves You Right (Dervish)
Para Gone Crazy (Paragon)

See, some use wordplays, some try to match the name to their character's "personality" (that's what I do), some use names from music or books or movies (I use book characters, too), and some just make something up. It's fun to see what they come up with. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Necromancers aren't evil! They're just...umm, a bit dark. Yeah. ;-p

9/28/2006 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home