Friday, August 25, 2006

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Blastoff!

Okay, I don't think they really say "blastoff", but at any rate, we're going to Cape Canaveral this weekend, to watch the shuttle Atlantis launch, and to have breakfast with an astronaut. I don't know which one yet (and wouldn't know who it was even if I did know the name), but it should be fun and interesting. :-)

We're going to meet up with my birth family there, which is the best part - we love being around them! Aside from the fact that they spoil us rotten, I mean. They are just such truly nice, fun people! It's a pleasure to be around such a warm & loving family, and even better to be part of it!

If we're allowed to take pictures at the launch, I will, and I'll post 'em after we get back. I hope you all have a wonderful, fun weekend, too!

4 Comments:

Blogger NML/Natalie said...

That sounds exciting! Have a great weekend :-)

8/25/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Thanks! You too!

8/26/2006 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great opportunity!

(Definitely a photo opportunity).

8/27/2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Well, sorry guys!
The launch has been delayed for longer than we could stay and wait. We did get to have lunch with an astronaut, though (we missed breakfast - got lost - haha!). As soon as I figure out how to compress the video, I'll post that. =)
Guess instead of the launch, we're getting a hurricane. Oh, joy.
It was awesome seeing our family, though!

8/28/2006 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home