Thursday, July 27, 2006

Still Here

I'm still here. Or rather, there. But I'll be back on normal hours very soon.

Gotta tell you about what I saw as I waited at the school gate for the person who was letting me in this weekend. (He gave me a key after that, but we both think I shouldn't have to be there to need to use it. Still, it was a nice gesture).

Okay, so as I'm sitting there, I see flashing lights way down at the other end of the road. (I'm off the road, in the school entrance driveway, so no problem there). I hear the siren, and the funky horn those emergency vehicles have, and as they get closer, I see the EMS truck going as fast as it can & honking the horn like crazy, at the pickup truck in front of it, whose driver apparently thought that it made more sense to try to outrun the paramedics than to pull the fuck over.

Asshat. He finally pulled over, at the other end of the road by the light, and the EMS truck went on its way. I hope they got his tag#, but they were probably a little busy trying to get somewhere to save someone's life. But that guy'll get his. Karma, baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Woman, don't even get me started on the damned cell phones!!!!!!!! ;-p

7/27/2006 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home