Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Nasty Surprise

Well, that was fun.

When I got up this morning & turned on the hot water, I discovered that there wasn't any hot water. Looked out the window & saw a stream of water running down my driveway. Uh-oh.
My water heater is in the attic space above my garage. I had visions of water dripping from the ceiling in my garage. Not good.

As it turns out, the water line from the wall to the utility sink had popped, and was running water all over the (concrete) garage floor. Oh joy. But at least it was there and not above.
So I turned off the water & cleaned up the garage as much as I could - the rest will have to air dry - there's a box fan out there, just spinning its little heart out.

I'll have to go back out later & change the plumbing setup, but it was so gross & sticky out this morning that I'll wait until it's either less humid, or cooler. Or just before I'm going to take a shower.

So. How's your Sunday going?

2 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

Where I live now we have well water and need a hot water heater for a shower but on most city utilities in Florida you don't need hot water anyway..not in the dawg days of summer.

7/04/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I'm on well water, too, Guy - I hate it, and I'm the only house on my street without city water (go figure), but it costs so damned much to get set up.

LOL, Janet!!! Nah, I took a shower - I hate being sweaty!!!

7/04/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home