Saturday, June 10, 2006

My Weekend

Weekend Fun: Going to a celebration for a friend's son who has finished his Plebe year at West Point. Way to go, P.! Timeframes last year didn't allow for a high school graduation party, so they're doing this instead. There will be entertainment, food, and friends. Good Times!

Not So Fun: My ex-husband is coming here, along with his dad and a friend, to finally pick up some of his stuff... We've been divorced for over a year now (My Freedom anniversary was May 13th), and my garage has been full of his furniture, my attic is full of random crap that belongs to him, and the big closet in what is now my livingroom is stuffed full of everything that didn't go out there.
My girlfriend tells me she would have tossed all of it into the street a long time ago, but I just can't be like that. I've just work around the stuff, and waited for him to get his own place (he was staying with his parents until very recently), and hoped he'd get himself together at least a little.

At any rate, I'm very glad to be getting some of my space back, and whatever he doesn't pick up today from that closet will go out to the garage (since he'll take some of that stuff for sure), and I can start getting my livingroom ready to be painted. I already have the trim paint & the equipment I need. Hooray!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

You should be PROUD! A boy in West Point is something to be proud of...not just everyone has the brains and physical ability to get accepted and even of those that do the washout rate the first year is pretty high. To complete that first year means the boy has a tremedous amout of courage to go along with the brains and physical strength.

6/14/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

He does - he's an awesome "kid".
Believe me, we're all very proud of him!

6/15/2006 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home