Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Doggie Taxi

Or, How I Get My Car Through The Gate Each Day...
I have two good-sized dogs. They're both around 9 or so, and they're both very smart, but not always so bright. One of them is a more recent addition to the family (we've had him about 3 months), and the other has been with us since he was 2 years old.
The "old" dog understands "up" to mean, "go to the top of the driveway and wait for me to bring the car up". BUT, to the "new" dog, "up" means, "get INTO the car". Hoo boy!
For a while I just blocked the dog door & kept them in the house every time I needed to move the car in or out, then released them after I closed the gate. It got old.
So now we play Doggie Taxi. I go out to the car, open the passenger doors, and let the dogs get in. Then I can move the car either in or out, and the dogs will get out and go back into the yard. They seem to love it - they get very excited when they hear me pick up my keys now. They charge out to the car (or the gate), and wait for their chance to hop in. Crazy animals. But I'm okay. Uh-huh. 'Course! ;-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home