Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Love This!

Annie, over at Smart At Love, has good advice for women who may wonder why they're still single at ages over 30 and up. Or women like me, who are single again, and maybe wonder if they've had enough or want to try again. (As for me, nope. I'm not ready to even consider it! Not even dating. Single works for me...) Anyway, my favorite part of the post was this quote, from a book she's recommending:
“Repeat this to yourself one thousand times: Screwed-up people are not more interesting than people with their heads together. Baggage is not fascinating, romantic, or exciting. It is very, very tiring. Men who are polite and emotionally mature are hot. Learn it, love it, live by it.”

I think I will keep this in mind, for that day in the (far) future when I decide I might just be ready to think about dating. 'Cause if I'm gonna do it again, I really really want it to involve healthy relationships for once! Just sayin'.

4 Comments:

Blogger CP said...

Isn't Annie just the best on the planet? Oh yes indeed she is. Excellent taste in guest bloggers too, I might add. Heh.

Nice work on the blog so far, Jen! Keep it up!

Thanks for the link!

CP.

5/23/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Thanks, CP!
Yes, Annie's great - and you write a helluva story, too, you know! :-)

5/25/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

I was lucky to chase sweetthing until she caught me. We were both twenty one years old and I had already been thru one marriage and she was married and had been deserted. But we decided from the beginning that it was for life or nothing and that was over 42 years ago. Yeah, we both had baggage and I suspect that damn near everyone does. It is not the baggage so much as how the person carries it and if they will accept help from someone who loves them in carrying that baggage or helping get rid of it.

5/25/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Guy-
Congrats - you & sweetthing did it right!
I think the part about baggage in that quote is more about the ones who can't or won't put it down, even with help from someone who loves them... :-)

5/28/2006 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home