Friday, June 23, 2006

You Will Meet a Handsome Stranger...

Heh. Just kidding.
My girlfriend T and I went to a Psychic Advisor yesterday. Just for kicks. Let me say here that while I don't live my life by such things, I do find it fascinating. I do believe there are people in this world who can sense and read energies that most of us aren't even aware of. That doesn't mean that I believe every person who advertises as "psychic" really is.

We weren't looking for answers to any specific problem areas in our lives, or anything like that. It was just something fun that we've done together before. T moved here to Florida a couple of years ago, but before that, lived in Massachusetts, where I grew up. We were best friends there, and then stayed close after I moved here 17 years ago. Back when we both lived in Mass., we used to go to a little "tea room", where they did palm & Tarot readings (that's what we did most often), and read tea leaves & other stuff. It was fun. I was pretty sure at least half of the "readers" there were full of shit, but it was always fun to see what they would say. And I have to admit that some of the things they said, that at the time I thought were WAY off the mark, turned out to be more accurate than I could have expected.

So anyway, there aren't any places like that around here, that we know of, but there are a couple of people listed as "Psychic Advisor" in our phone book, and one happens to live very close to my house. So we went. This lady does the readings in her home, which is a very pretty & inviting place -it's not all decked out in "fortune teller" crap - it looks like any other clean & pretty home. She was young, which sort of surprised us, but we both liked her right away.

We both chose Tarot card readings. I went first. The deck she used was gorgeous! I am familiar with the standard Rider deck (used to have one, but never learned to do anything with it), and I don't know what particular set hers was, but the cards were very artistic & pretty. She had me shuffle them, then cut the deck into three piles and set them back together.

The first layout, she looked at the cards asked me if I had children. (You know how someone can state something, but leave room for you to verify or deny - it was that sort of asking, not like "Do you have children?"). I said yes, and she looked back at the cards and said, "This is a lot of children. How many do you have?" I have two of my own, but I also am surrounded by kids at my work, and children have always been a very important part of my life. I told her simply that I work with children. She talked a little more about that, and when she said something about the children learning, I laughed & told her I work in a school.
She asked me if I'm involved in some kind of writing project. Now, this is odd, because every single reader that I have felt had any sort of credibility at all has mentioned writing to me. And I used to write, back when I was in high school. Even got voted as "most likely to win a Pulitzer".
I'm not writing these days, 'cept here, but I find it interesting that it always comes up. She said she felt that I would be writing something for or creating a program for children, which would turn out to be both emotionally and financially rewarding. Cool! ;-)

She mentioned some accurate things about my health & my job, & said both of those and my finances looked to be & stay stable. No worries there.
She said she saw travel, but a small, short kind of trip, with friends or family - nothing big. She said it was okay going and okay coming, but I didn't ask her to clarify that. (Like, did that mean the "during" part sucked? LOL) She asked me if there was anything being planned, and as it happens, my birth family and I have been discussing a quick trip over Thanksgiving. I told her that, but she said that this was before that. She was quite sure of that. Dunno about that, 'cause I hate to travel, but (and I didn't mention this to her) my daughter is actually on a trip right now.

The last layout had to do with relationships. She said that there was a man who I would have a relationship with (this is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy in the future, people), and that this relationship would be fulfilling, because I would be in a place where I was able to speak my mind, and would be much less willing to tolerate, & "go with the flow" than I have been in the past, and that I will have learned to nurture myself. She also said that I have been gaining & will continue to gain strength. That was interesting, because since my divorce, I feel so much more alive and free, and I love being on my own, and I'm actually trying now to learn to say what I think, instead of always being so "nice", and accepting of other people's behaviour. Oh - she also said I don't know this person yet. That makes sense. I'm not in any rush to deal with dating-type relationships yet, but it's nice to think that at some point I will be.

So that was my reading. I can't tell you about T's reading, because that's her own business. I will say that it was very different from mine, and fit her almost as closely as mine fit me. Hers was a little more mysterious, but we both agreed that the lady really had me nailed.
So that's that. It was fun, and we may actually go back sometime & try out a palm reading. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

It was fun. My Magic 8-Ball always told me to ask later, so I gave up! ;-p

6/23/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I've heard that before!!! LOL

6/24/2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger CP said...

Go to my blog under the sidebar to where it says "It Knows All". IT is an online electronic 8 ball. You don't have to shake it. And it will respect you in the morning.

CP.

6/25/2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

It worked!! And it never once told me to "ask later". I'm hooked! LOL

6/25/2006 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home