Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hitchhiker

I don't have the pictures yet, 'cause it was a film camera (I keep a disposable one in my car), but I want to tell you about my little hitchhiker. I live in Florida, where there are several types of small lizards, pretty much everywhere you go. There had been one living in and around the hood of my car for a few weeks. I tried several times to catch him, so that he could relocate to a safer place, but he'd always dive into the open space under my hood, by the windshield wipers.

Anyway, as I was driving to WalMart (Yah, I know. Shaddup), this little guy popped up onto the top of the hood, and stood looking at me through the windshield. How he hung on, I do not know, but hang on he did, all the way to the store. I took a picture of him there, then went on to do my grocery shopping.

When I came out of the store over an hour later, he was still there! Still couldn't catch him, so I proceeded to drive on home. I actually took a couple more pictures of him, at traffic lights, to show that he really was on the car while I was driving, and not just in the garage. But here his story takes an unfortunate turn. I dunno what happened. Guess he was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time, and the sudden breeze hit him just right, and he lost his grip. All I saw out of the corner of my eye was the flash of his tail & hind legs, sort of flipping over, towards the road...

Poor little guy! I haven't seen him since. I have chosen to believe that he made it across the street, and found himself a nice little hideout in the woodsy place by the road...

3 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

One of the little fellers slipped into the house and is now resideing in my bedroom. I have tried several times to catch it but it has thus far illuded me. Sweetthing can't figure what it is eating but I reminded her that I have not seen one of those little pesky flies in the house in a while not any sheeters. Lizards are sneaky little shits..but do fill a niche in the environment that I can appreciate. Not like mosquitos, flies, and left wing democrats which the creator put here just to PISS me off.

6/21/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger CP said...

You just keep believing, Jen. You believe in that, the tooth fairy and santa too.

By the way? The Easter Bunny?

Yeah. Fiction. But everything else, including the lizard?

All true. Swear.

Oh yeah, and Republicans. Another myth.

CP.

6/21/2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

You mean the Easter Bunny isn't real?!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

6/22/2006 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home