Friday, July 07, 2006

Pirates!


Dead Man's Chest is coming out at the theaters - yippee!!!
My girls and I are looking forward to seeing two of our favorite boys in action!
It's not just them making the Pirates movie(s) so great, of course - Keira Knightley is fantastic, as are so many of the other cast members; the stories are fun, and the sets are fabulous.
This is one of the few movies we are willing to go to the theater for - everything else, we wait for the DVD. But as far as we're concerned, Pirates, Star Wars, LOTR, and Harry Potter movies must be watched on the big screen. :-)

**EDIT: Went to see it last night! It was fun! Not as good as the first one, but still fun, and it set up the third one, so you just know there's more coming (even though we already knew).
And now I know why we only go to matinees, and only for our favorites - the theater lobby was insane, and people were cranky and rude. BUT - and this is a new one for me - there were also so many people there to see the movie, dressed up as pirates & wenches. One (grown) person even had her Jack Sparrow doll with her! It was like a Trekkie convention, but with Pirates. Too funny!

8 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

I reckon I will see it on HBO in a couple of years..sooner if it bombs at the theatres.

7/07/2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I wouldn't do that, Janet - people did that with one of the Harry Potter books - it's so mean!
Not your thing, huh, Guy? LOL

7/08/2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

A little too long (has no one heard of film editing?) and not as good as the first one, but Johnny Depp makes it worth the trip.

And it was wicked crazy at the matinee I went to, also.

7/08/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger CP said...

The last time I dressed up for a movie it was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

What freaks! Great time.

I love me some Orlando Bloom.

Yum.

CP.

7/08/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Dirk-
Even the matinee? Damn!
Johnny Depp is awesome - I love how he makes the characters he plays all his own.
Yeah - the first one was definitely better, but of course we're still excited about the 3rd one - got a bit of a wait, huh?
CP - Yeah, he's hot. Too young, though, for us!!!
Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! Oh. My. God. I 'bout died the first time I saw that! (I was a very sheltered girl). LOL

7/08/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Halloween's coming, Mr. Fab - you can be a pirate then, and nobody will blink. ;-)

7/09/2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son and I are going to see Pirates this weekend. He's so excited to see Jack Sparrow again. I heard it wasn't as good as the first but it's a date night for my son and I.

7/12/2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

No, it's not as good as the first, but it's still a fun movie, and date night with your kid is always a good thing. :-)

7/13/2006 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home