Thursday, October 12, 2006

No Time To Say Hello, Goodbye!

Busy, busy, busy! But it's all good. :-)
My daughter's birthtday party is this weekend. We're having a "Big Little Kid" party - we've got Play-Doh, Slinkies, jacks, finger paint, coloring books, Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, fun Zoo-Pals, cups, Sponge-Bob party hats, noisemakers, and lots of junk food. Oh - and Stick the Tail on the Donkey, by request of her friends. These are teenagers we're talking about here! It's so fun to see them get excited about and "into" this! The whole thing was my daughter's idea, and her friends were all for it, which was a pleasant surprise for me - I wasn't sure if they'd think it was too "uncool". She has a fun group of friends, though.

We also have some family people coming to visit, who are going to be "Big Little Kids" with us as well! AND they're bringing us a feathered addition to our family! They rescue pet birds, along with having their own "core group" of 4 or 5, and sometimes one needs more attention than it can get in that setting, or just doesn't get along with the "big" birds (large cockatoos - different types), so they need to find it another home. The one they're bringing is an African Grey, which I'm partial to, and know how to work with. There's a possibility that they'll bring a second bird, too, but we're not sure yet. If they do, that one will be a very cuddly Goffins Cockatoo, which my kids will be thrilled about. He needs more attention than they can give him, and he and the Grey have become buddies. The only hitch is that the original person who was supposed to take him (whose husband doesn't like him), wants to try again. So that depends on her hubby's answer...
I'll let you know!

So, all in all, quite a fun and exciting weekend ahead. I hope you have a good one, too! :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, birthday parties are so fun. I love having parties for Jake, makes me feel like a kid again. Enjoy it and eat cake for me.

I like birds too, hope you can share pics when your new friend arrives.

10/12/2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Will do, Tammy - on both counts! :-)

10/13/2006 6:13 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Lots of fun! Post to follow. :-)

10/16/2006 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home