Thursday, November 16, 2006

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

Janet had some choice things to say about the availability these days of toys that are so high-tech and "imagination/parenting not required" in this post.

Hop on over and read it - she makes some witty, tongue-in-cheek observations, and some very good points. She's right - how many of us remember the "spaceship", "car" or "house" from a big ol' box - some of the most fun a kid can have, and no batteries required! My kids and I had some of the best playtimes with big boxes... and we did "that cloud looks like...", and we watched the bugs (outside!) carry out their business, and we made leaf prints, and potato prints, and all sorts of fun stuff, that we could do together, without a single battery, computer chip, or electrical outlet involved.

Now, I have nothing against technology - hell, I love it, but NOT as a replacement for parental responsibility...

Thanks, Janet, for saying it so well! :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! I remember potato prints, too. Haven't thought of it in years and years, thanks for the reminder! I might just make a "potato printer" next time I'm peeling potatoes for supper. ;-) You're a cool mom!

11/17/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Thanks! I'm lucky enough to have kids who tell me so, too - life is good! :-D

11/17/2006 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home