Friday, December 14, 2007

This Is The Way To Shop!

I love Christmas. I love the lights, love the music, love the "goodwill" effort, love the whole holiday season.

Except for shopping. I hate shopping, not just at Christmas, but anytime. Christmas shopping is especially odious, though, because the stores are ultra-crowded, people are way grumpier than they have any call to be (goodwill goes right out the window in shopping places, let me tell ya), and even the parking lots are completely insane. Hate it.

Usually I start my Christmas shopping very very early, so I can be done by Thanksgiving, and avoid all of that. This year, I didn't really get started until Thanksgiving. Yikes!

BUT. I've done almost all of my holiday shopping this year online.

I'm telling you, this is the way to go. Yes, you pay shipping, but these days it's cheaper than gas. No crowds, no traffic, no stampedes to the sale items (I avoid these anyway - I never shop on Black Friday or any other shopping insanity day), no carting kids who also don't enjoy shopping, no stress!

Yep. This is definitely the way to shop. :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and add to that, you don't have to get dressed, brush your teeth or take a shower before going shopping online! I'd be willing to pay shipping charges even if they're more than the cost of gas, because it's the time and aggravation that's important to me, not just the cost of gas.

Some may say that if everyone shops online, that takes jobs from people in your city, and the stores could close. I think that if they're good stores, they'll stay open no matter what. I think it's simple retail evolution. I bet people said that about Montgomery Ward and Sears in the 1800s, with their mail-order catalogs.

12/14/2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Amen, sister! I wouldn't have it any other way!

12/14/2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Probably, Janet. And honestly, seeing the crappy attitudes on so many of the people who do work in the local places, I can't say I'd feel all that bad about their jobs...
Anyone who works in a customer-driven business, who can't even greet the customers as they approach, or smile, or stop talking on their phone or to the employee near them, or complains the whole time, TO the customer, shouldn't be in that business.

Fab, I knew you were a kindred spirit! ;-)

12/15/2007 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/24/2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home