Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hmph!

One of the middle school students - a boy - was in my office yesterday, and seemingly out of the blue, asked me if I have a son.

I told him no, I have two daughters.

He sort of hesitated, and said "Oh... I saw the Guild Wars poster on your wall there, and thought you must have a son."

I said "That's mine! I play that game!."

I'm not sure he believed me - he left the room shaking his head. Maybe it was just that the idea of girls (really old girls) playing such an awesome game really shook up his "guy" world.

Poor kid.

7 Comments:

Blogger jeanie said...

I am afraid I have no idea what Guild Wars are, but good on you for showing that some things are not necessarily gender specific.

12/01/2007 9:44 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I wonder if he'll think Guild Wars is for girls now, and stop playing. ;-) I thought the sexes were more equal than when I was a kid and the line between boys and girls was clear!

12/01/2007 11:30 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Jeanie - thanks. Guild Wars is MMORPG (an online PC game), sort of like World of Warcraft, but with no subscription fees. And it rocks. :-)

Janet - I thought so, too, but apparently not. Guess I shouldn't tell that kid that I also do my own plumbing & other 'handyman' stuff, huh? LOL

12/02/2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Oh, definitely not! You might give him a complex. ;-)

12/02/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Would serve him right. Bwah-ha-ha!

12/02/2007 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... I am going to have to check this game out.... I've never played it...

Eric

12/04/2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Definitely check it out - it's an awesome, huge game, with lots to do. You can get a trial DVD:
Trilogy Trial DVD

and there's tons of game help on the wikis. :-)

12/05/2007 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home