Tuesday, October 09, 2007

There's a Timeframe For This?

Seems like all of a sudden, people are very interested in my "lovelife", or rather, my lack of one.

Not long after I got my divorce (about 2 1/2 years ago), people were already asking if I'd met anyone or if I was dating. The answer has been a resounding "no". It's just not a direction I'm in a hurry to go in anytime soon. I've been asked out a few times, but I'm just not ready to go there.

Now, not only are they asking, they're telling me "it is time". Apparently I'm coming up on some sort of "dating deadline". Not only that, but I've had two people tell me that if I don't want to try dating right now, I should consider "friends with benefits". One suggested it, and one came right out and said it. Sheesh. She's concerned that I might have raging hormones that are not being addressed. I gotta say, though, they're not really raging. At most, they're maybe mildly rippling.

I'm just not open to complicating my life right now. My girls and I are enjoying having the house to ourselves, and don't really want to invite anyone else in. I see no problem with that - I figure that unless I'm slated to die soon and don't know it, I have plenty of time for dating when I'm ready (and if I am to die soon, I really have bigger things to worry about than getting laid). ;-p

I have plenty of companionship and/or company, and hobbies that keep me entertained. The only thing I really miss about having a "love" relationship is kissing. And I'm pretty sure I'll survive waiting for that until later. So for now, I choose to keep things the way they are. As far as I'm concerned, it is not time to change that. Just sayin'

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always interesting how people always want to fix other people up-it's as if seeing someone single makes them nervous. I've resisted this Noah's Ark thinking for some time now, I don't get bugged about it-maybe everyone thinks I'm gay-and I'm happy the way things are, if love happens down the road, that's fine with me-if it doesn't, I won't be crying in my beer.

Live your life the way YOU want to, not how other people think you should. :-)

10/09/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Thanks, Janet - I plan to.
Tell me, if they think you're gay, are they trying to set you up with girls? They'd do it here! LOL

10/09/2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

ha - no time is the right time until you are ready for it - I had a nearly 5 year drought and it didn't kill me.

Tell them you have enough tricks up your sleeve!

10/09/2007 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had anyone try to set me up with girls, but it wouldn't surprise me. Come to think of it, I haven't had anyone try to set me up with either sex in a very long time. Hmm...does that mean my friends don't care??

10/09/2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Or in my dresser drawer, Jeanie? LOL
You're right - it's not time until I'm ready. And I'm not.

Nah, Janet - it just means they don't know anybody else who they think is good enough for you!

10/10/2007 6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice try, but I like my theory better! ;-)

10/11/2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

LOL, Janet! Hey, I know this guy that would be so great for you... ;-p

10/12/2007 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home