Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Movie, A Book, and a Wii

The girls and I went to see the newest Harry Potter movie last weekend - we enjoyed it. My daughter, who remembers every detail of the books she reads and gets very annoyed when the movies don't follow exactly, had some things to say about the pieces that were left out of the movie, but it was mostly well-done, and you can't put everything in, anyway, or the movie would be six hours long!

We're going to the Midnight Magic party Friday night, in anticipation of book seven. I'm not sure whether the girls have decided about dressing up - one was torn between being Tonks & someone else, and the other just hadn't created an outfit yet. I will be in my normal "muggle" clothes. :-)

We got a Wii !!!!!!!!!!!
What fun!!!!
We have the Wii Sports game that came with the console, and Wii Play, which has 9 other games.
It was easy to set up, and to get used to the controls. Our shoulders & arms were sore after that first day, but what a blast!
Hey, maybe we can create a full-body toning workout here. Use the Wii for upper-body stuff, and alternate with DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) on the PS2 for the legs. Hmmmm.
"How to get fit playing video games" Cool! LOL

5 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

sweetthing allows she is gonna buy the DVD as soon as she can find it..

7/18/2007 10:33 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Could be a while - the movie is only just out at the theaters...
But it should be worth the wait. :-)

7/18/2007 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun with the Wii! It's the only video game system I've ever seriously thought I'd like to have.

Can't wait for the new Potter movie to come out on DVD. Same with the latest Pirates of the Caribbean.

7/24/2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Ooh-the 3rd Pirates was good! Much better than the 2nd one. We'll be getting the HP movie on DVD when it comes out, too.
Oh my goodness, you would have SO much fun with the Wii!!!

7/25/2007 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I would have fun with the Wii, that's why I'm kinda glad I can't afford one right now. ;-)

7/28/2007 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home