Sunday, June 08, 2008

8th Grade Graduation

Tomorrow is the 8th grade Graduation for my younger daughter, along with all the other 8th grade students at my school. She feels almost like she's leaving home - she's been around my school for the last 9 years! Only attending school there the last 3, of course, but both of my girls used to come with me when I helped out in the summer, when I had a "10-month" job, and visited there other times. The building was very familiar to them.

For me, this feel like the end of an era...
Not only will both of my kids be in high school next year, but all the kids I've watched grow up from kindergarten on, through my kids, and parent volunteer stuff, and Girl Scouts & whatnot, will be gone as well.
I always get to know at least some of the new kids each year, but except for younger siblings of my girls' friends, this was the last year of kids who I was already familiar with, and kids who have been to my house. So I'll be watching my own baby, and all of the other "my" kids, get sent on to high school.

Note to self: bring camera, and Kleenex...

8 Comments:

Blogger jeanie said...

oh good luck!! All of those children you have seen through from the beginning - it will be very sweet.

6/08/2008 7:26 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Thanks, Jeanie!
It's been great watching them all grow up, and bittersweet seeing them all move on. I'm so used to having all "my" kids around all the time. But this is a big day for them. :-)

6/09/2008 6:39 AM  
Blogger NML/Natalie said...

God it's been ages since I came here! I'm crap! Ah it must be a weird feeling that I guess I'll experience in several years time. Hope you didn't blub too much ;-)

6/12/2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

NML!!!!
Good to see you! (and I can't fuss at you - I've been terrible about blog-visiting)
I did cry a little, but not too much - didn't embarrass myself at least.
Yep - you'll have all the moments - 1st day of kindergarten, "graduation" from grade school, 1st day of middle school, then high school, etc.
Of course, I guess you have to get through first words, first steps, toilet training.... :-D

6/12/2008 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing makes a person feel old like seeing a kid graduate from something, whether it's kindergarden or anything else.

7/02/2008 9:49 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

I know it! And I do it every year! :D

7/02/2008 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were visited with a remarkable idea

12/10/2009 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse, I have thought and have removed this phrase

12/30/2009 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home