Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mooned!

Heh. Not like that.

Last night there was a Lunar eclipse, which was pretty cool to see. It was very cloudy out, unfortunately, so we missed some of it, and couldn't videorecord the progression, but we did get some pictures. Not sure our neighbors knew what we were doing out there snapping photos, but I guess they're used to us, because nobody called the police or anything. ;-p

Here's a glimpse of the eclipse just getting started:




and then later, mostly shadowed:


I hope these aren't too dark for you to see, but they're all I've got...




You can't really tell here, but there was a neat reddish cast to the moonshadow (earthshadow?)

Anyway, we had fun watching it, and trying to capture it to share. :0)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw part of it, but it was too dang cold to watch all of it. I didn't think I'd be able to get a decent photo, wish I'd tried!

2/21/2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger jeanie said...

Had to laugh at the final shots - of course that is how a total eclipse is meant to look!

It is always far more effective, the "moving into eclipse" shots.

Did you notice a difference in the atmosphere or temperature when it was happening?

2/21/2008 4:47 PM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Janet, we were only able to get the very beginning and very end, of the covering phase - the rest was covered by clouds, and we didn't stay up late enough to try to get the UNcovering phase...

LOL, Jeanie - yes, the eclipse photos are pretty dark! And if it's like my baby birds video, I can see more on my computer than you can on yours...so you're probably just seeing a big black patch.
No change in the temp or atmosphere that we noticed, but it was already cloudy with a cold breeze.

2/21/2008 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home