Monday, June 30, 2008

CATS!

This past weekend, the girls and I went to Jacksonville to see CATS!

I had seen it in Boston when I was in high school (a loooooooong time ago), and all I remembered was the part of the song "Memory", when the singer belts out "Touch me - it's so easy to leave me..." The girl who had the part back then had the most incredible ability to project her voice, and when she sang that line, you could feel it, even in the way back rows.

My kids had only ever seen CATS in the movie format, so this was a new experience for them. They loved it - said the play was better than the movie - yay!
We love musicals, and of course this one is a classic. It was great - the actors had fabulous voices, and of course the dancing is great, and all the cat behavior in the background. It's just a fun show to watch.

Now we're keeping an eye on that theater to see when they have other things we want to see.
:-) It's easy enough to get to, even though it's Downtown Jacksonville. (Eek! Downtown in any real city is usually a driving nightmare - but I do have to say Boston is worse).

So, we have a "shopping list" of shows to keep an eye out for:
A Chorus Line
Phantom of the Opera
Grease
Chicago
HAIR
RENT

and we'll see what else comes up. Gotta support the arts, you know. ;-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be great to see a show live! How about "Wicked"?

7/02/2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Thinking about it! They have that one coming soon, but we don't yet know if the timeframe will work for us. We'll see!

7/02/2008 6:08 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

ah - and to think, I am yet to see even the movie format!

I do love live performance, though. I must check out our local "downtown" - no more scary than driving anyplace round here - they are still as thick and drunk and unlicensed!

7/08/2008 1:01 AM  
Blogger Just-Me-Jen said...

Do go see it if you get the chance, Jeanie - it's a fun show. I think 'Salina would really enjoy it, too!

7/08/2008 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home